IGF-USA Principles - Draft 3
IGF-USA Principles (Draft, v3)
The Principles that guide the activities of the IGF-USA are:
• Openness The IGF-USA is open, participative, and accessible to all without fee.
• Bottom-up The activities of the IGF-USA are based on ideas developed through open consultation.
• Multistakeholder Participation The IGF-USA is built upon open, inclusive and democratic processes, with the meaningful
participation of all stakeholders.
• Decision-making Decisions are made by broad consensus, where all opinions expressed are considered, discussed, and
• Transparency Participants, decisions, and activities at the IGF-USA, including financial matters, should be publicly
• Accountability As stewards for the IGF-USA community, the IGF-USA leadership is accountable to that community.
• Diversity and Inclusion The IGF-USA strives for diverse and inclusive participation, including people regardless of their
gender, color, age, sexual preference, gender expression, disability or specific needs, stakeholder perspective or location.